Thursday, November 8, 2012

Back on the Wagon

So I wrote tonight. Only 999 words, which brings me up to 6,795 total. I need almost 6,000 more to be on track to finish by the end of the month. Obviously I still have some catching up to do.

Right now I'm struggling with the following issues:

1. How do I introduce Alex? I have her interacting with Aileen later in the story and I have a backstory where she briefly dated Tiny, but I need to figure out how to introduce her to Aileen in the first place.

2. How does Jeanie self-destruct? She's obviously a lush, and Aileen wonders if she has a drinking problem... she needs to do something in order to push Christian (her boyfriend) into the arms of Aileen (her best friend) but what? A public melt down? A spectacular break-up?

There will be more, I'm sure. These are just the current issues.

I did at least resolve one problem today. I figured out what Christian, Alex, & Tiny's backstory is. This is where the bulk of my 999 words came into play - most of it is Christian explaining the rather complex relationship between the 3 of them to Aileen.

More writing tomorrow for sure. Bryan has another hockey game so I can focus on writing once I put the kids to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment